tickets, The Darwin International Film Festival
If you have any trouble booking, we're here to help! Call the office on 08 8941 4377.
Box Office Times
Tickets are available online and in person at the Deckchair Cinema box office (10am - 7pm), Darwin Waterfront Wave Lagoon (from 7pm), BCC Cinemas (1 hour prior to sessions).
We recommend buying online to avoid the queue and risk of a session selling out. We do not hold tickets to sell at the box office if a show is sold out.
Deckchair Cinema Early Session
Adult - $20
Concession - $15
Child - $10
Member - $13
Family - $45 (2 Adults & 2 Children, 5-15yrs)
Deckchair Cinema Late Session
Adult - $15
Concession - $11
Child - $7
Member - $10
Family - $34 (2 Adults & 2 Children, 5-15yrs)
Children under 5 years are free!
Please Note : The price you pay online is the same price you pay at the Box Office. A booking fee is included in the price charged online.
Darwin Waterfront Sessions: Adult 10, Child $8
Opening and closing night: Adult $25, Concession $20, Member $15
For large group bookings or events please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The following concession card holders are entitled to disounted tickets at Deckchair Cinema, Flix in the Wet and the Darwin International Film Festival:
- Health Care card holders
- Students studying Full-time in Australia
- NT Seniors Card
- Australian Government-issued Senior Cards
- Companion Cards
- Defence Personnel (Serving members only are entitled to a Concession ticket)
- Veteran White, Gold and Orange Cards
You must be able to produce a valid concession card to use a concession ticket. We reserve the right to refuse entry when a concession ticket holder does not hold a concession card. There is no concession for NTG employees or students with International Student Identity Cards
Occasionally tickets become available for sold out shows, put your name on the waitlist and we'll contact you if they do.
Click here to go to the waitlist form.
Click here for information on Darwin Films Society Membership.
Click here for information on our new digital Gift Cards.
Wet Weather Policy
It is extremely pleasant watching a movie at Deckchair after a storm has passed. Storms generally occur late afternoon and have moved on before the movie starts at 7pm.
Water is easily shaken from the nylon deckchair slings and we have towels on standby, if required. We also have some undercover areas where you can retreat out of the rain.
- If you attend, but decide not to stay due to rain, we will offer you the choice of a refund or complimentary tickets to another screening. You must report to the box office that same evening. There's no risk in booking tickets
- If you decide not to attend the screening, you need to contact us by 5pm on the day to receive a refund, otherwise we can only offer you complimentary tickets to another screening. To receive complimentary tickets to another screening you must notify us within 48 hours.
- If you'd like to swap your tickets to another night, please contact us by 5pm so we have enough time before the screening to process your request.
In the event of:
- Light Rain: We will continue to show the movie, you can take shelter under the kiosk awning or enjoy the pleasant rain
- Heavy Rain: We will pause or delay the movie for a short period until the rain eases
- Cancellation: If the rain is too heavy and we cancel the movie, everyone will receive a refund or complimentary tickets to another screening
- No Show: If the show goes on, but you don’t attend at all, we will not provide a refund, but will offer complimentary tickets to another screening
Follow Deckchair Cinema on Facebook and Instagram for updates on the evenings’ screening in the event of wet weather. We will endeavour to keep you up-to-date with the conditions as we are experiencing them.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Please see our Terms of Sales
Conditions of Entry